Saturday, April 4, 2015

Top 5 Sing-Along Songs -- Oldies Edition

I drive quite a bit for my job. There comes a time in every road trip where you have to blast some tunes and sing along. It's the only time I can convince myself that I could in fact carry a tune in a wheelbarrow (that's a Dan Flint saying).

This is how I imagine myself as I sing along to the King's tunes.
I have a multitude of playlists depending on the mood. Thanks to Spotify, finding and categorizing music is easy. Here are my top 5 sing-along songs - oldies edition.
  1. I Want You Back - Jackson 5: Thanks to Guardians of the Galaxy, this song is seeing a resurgence in popularity. I've been listening to this tune long before baby Groot danced his little twig heart out during the credits.
  2. Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley: Any oldies list has to have an Elvis song on it. This is one of my favorites. And, did you know there's a video from the movie? Maybe I should watch some Elvis movies. Or not (that's a link to an Eddie Murphy Delirious clip, definitely NSFW).
  3. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - The Righteous Brothers: Again, a movie, Top Gun, sent this song into the popularity stratosphere. Yet, I remember hearing this song countless times as dad made pancakes in the morning before school. If his Righteous Brothers CD had been a cassette, it would have been worn out after a couple months. Also, who can't resist jumping in the second you hear "Baby, baby, I'd get down on my knees for you"?
  4. Beast of Burden - The Rolling Stones: I love this song. It's a classic Jagger performance. I didn't really get into the Stones until they released their two-disc Forty Licks collection. Thank goodness I finally took the chance to see what I'd been missing.
  5. Please Mr. Postman - The Beatles: This tune has been performed by numerous groups. The Beatles' performance is one of my favorite. I once heard they would save it to very last when performing because it was rough on Lennon's vocal chords. The song was originally performed by the Marvelettes. FYI: according to Wikipedia, Marvin Gaye is on the drums in their version.

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats really amazing I have heard a new app spotify premium apk free this app is great and I have started looking at it.Thanks for the help and suggesting the matter I will go forward with it.Keep publishing and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete